Linkedin now gives you the opportunity to acquire ‘endorsements’ from fellow members. There are mixed views about how useful it will be with a large contingent of users feeling it will prove worthless because it is so easy to abuse. A bit like (in the olden days) the ‘keywords tag’ in the header of web pages. It was not long before search engines totally ignored the tag!!!!
Anyway, back to endorsements. A stunningly simple process – first add some skills to your own profile, and then wait for connections of yours to endorse one or more of them. That’s it!!!
The author also points out a possible additional strategy – you might use this to make yourself known to someone by endorsing them.
As I said, the fact it is so easy to abuse does make one sceptical its’ usefulness will soon be diminished.
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12