David Mihm, the Director of Local Search Strategy for SEOmoz, joined the organisation some months back after making his name as an expert in ‘Local SEO’. He set up Local Search Ranking Factors survey some years ago which became a ‘must read’ for anyone attempting to understand the factors involved in Local SEO.
This is a short video reminding us of the evolution of ‘local’ search and how the various aspects such as Title Text, Citations, Reviews & Google+ became determining factors in ranking. Unsurprisingly, David feels greater emphasis will be given to more Google+ factors as time progresses – something for all small business people to bear in mind. He also feels external sources of data from Foursquare check-ins, Facebook check-ins, and Google Wallet could also make an impact on the algorithm in the future.
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12