Networking – a business building strategy that comes easily to those with a tendency to extroversion. But to the rest of us it can be an activity that requires much more conscious effort. It might even be a major chore to many people.
So, anything that helps us understand the simplicity of the process and gives us the confidence to take it on must be useful.
Matt Gubba explains 7 simple steps including:
1. Networking is about building relationships, NOT pitching to people:
2. Focus the conversation on them, not you:
3. Find a common ground and build a rapport:
4. Focus on getting other people’s cards over giving yours out:
5. Always give before you ask for something back:
6. Always follow-up after meeting someone:
7. Keep records and maintain your network:
Well worth a read!
7 Steps to Networking Effectively
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12