Alternatives to Yellow Pages? - Google Local & Other Online Directories
A lot of small businesses think they don’t need a website – small local businesses who traditionally advertise in the Yellow Pages.
The world has changed - and these are exactly the businesses that now do need a website.
Small retail businesses are under threat from the high street giants, so let your customers know where you are and what you’ve got. Imagine being able to let all your client instantly know your extended hours and closing times over Christmas.
Are you a plumber, an electrician, a carpet fitter, a window cleaner – any service business without a shop on the high street really must have a website. It is so much cheaper than the Yellow Pages. Also, you can offer your services in a number of different areas at no extra cost. If you are a plumber, where do you list yourself in the Yellow Pages – plumbing, gas, central heating?
The beauty of this advertising is that it is free, and it is able to be changed within 24 hours.
Google Local/Maps offers businesses a chance to reach people right there in their very own area. Your listing in Google Local will feature your company name, your address, a map showing your exact location, your opening hours and a link to your website.
Why is a website better than the Yellow Pages and other print advertising?
- Your website can feature a map, so your customers know exactly where to find you, and if anything changes, this information can be updated immediately.
- Advertising in the Yellow Pages or any of the local newspapers must be paid for again for every new edition, and if your information changes you have no way of knowing which customer the new information and who has the old.
- Print advertising is expensive, and the space available to you is very limited. You can say so much more with a website, and you can include Sales and Special Offers at very little extra cost.
- Any changes in your business means buying a whole new advert – waiting days, weeks and sometimes even months for your customers to see your new information.
The internet is different because:
- The internet is rapidly becoming first place most people go for information – even information about local products and services.
- Your website is there working for you - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The information can easily be updated immediately.
- You don’t have to pay over and over again for the same thing!
Have a look at how easy it is to get your business on the internet
A website presence is an absolute must for ALL businesses. Most small businesses don’t need anything more than a basic website. Our basic starter package is a cost effective and stress free way for you to get your business website up and running.
Basic Website Starter Package
This is the package we have put together to cover the needs of a small business on the internet. Please have a look through it, and give us a call if you’d like to find out any more:
Our package includes:
- A .co.uk domain name of your choice
We will advise you, and help you decide on the most effective name for your business. This domain name will be registered to you. It is your own domain - not a page on someone else’s website!
- 12 months website hosting
We will host your site for 12 months and the end of that period you are free to renew your hosting with us or move it elsewhere, but the website remains your property.
- A single page website
This package includes a simple, but effective single page website, using sound marketing principles to offer you the most effective way of capturing the attention of your visitors.
- 5 Email addresses at your domain
email@example.com makes your business appear more professional and more trustworthy. You can have up to 5 email addresses at your domain name. We will guide you through the set-up process so that you have your email on your own pc.
- A listing on Google local in your area
Once you have a website you need to be sure your potential customers and clients can find it. We help here by submitting your website to Google local so that it can be found by people looking for businesses like yours in your area. Your listing can appear with a map showing the exact location of your business.
- 6 free changes per year to your website
The beauty of a website is that your details: price lists, opening hours, special offers, staff changes etc can all appear live almost immediately.
Our package offers you the option of making up to 6 changes during your contract.
This package is offered as an effective and cost efficient alternative to the Yellow Pages and other print advertising, and we are convinced you will see results.
This entire package will cost you £250.00+VAT payable in two instalments.
Once your website is up and running the only other costs you will EVER incur in order to maintain your website exactly as it is are:
Domain Registration Renewal (currently £15.00 every 2 years)
Domain Hosting Renewal (currently £85.00 per annum).
Please note these costs are already included in the package and will only become payable when they are due for renewal.
What else can we do for you?
- More sophisticated website
We can also offer far more comprehensive bespoke websites which can include many more pages of information; online shopping cart; catalogues etc.
- Optimization and improvement of an existing website
If you already have a website that is not performing as it should, we can improve it for you
If you like what your website is doing but you need even more exposure, you can gain this by taking advantage of our link building packages for both general and local links
You know what you want to say, you’re just not sure how to get it across, our copywriting service can help you.
We are professional, but friendly, so give us a call for a chat regarding any thoughts, questions or ideas you may have about your website.