SEO Services for UK companies
What does 'SEO Services' include?
SEO stands for 'Search Engine Optimization' and is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural," or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic"), search results. It stands to reason, the higher your rankings in the SERPS (Search Engine Results Pages) the more visitors to your website and the more business the website will generate.
It is estimated that 200 to 300 factors are taken into account by a search engine for it to decide on a ranking for your website on any given keyword. As many of these factors as possible therefore need to be considered for YOUR website if it is to succeed.
Major SEO areas to consider
The following can all play a significat part in acquiring better rankings for your website.
- relevant keyword placement
- You need the correct keywords in the correct places and in the correct proportions - but must not be overdone.
- optimized content
- Well written, optimized copy will not only sell effectively to humans but will also give the search engines exactly what they need.
- good internal linking
- The link text used to link within pages of your website can have a big influence on rankings.
- optimized navigation
- The overall internal linking system can help to 'drive' power to some internal pages more than others!
- appropriate settings on your web server
- On one occasion we did actually achieve No 1 rankings on a competitive keyword for the client because the original designer had set the server up incorrectly. These errors do take place.
- links to your website
- The search engines see the number and quality of links to your site as a 'vote' for your website. Not so straight-forward since Google Panda & Penguin.
- link text to your website
- In light of Google Panda & Penguin, this (once important) aspect should now be very much relegated in importance.
Obviously this is not an exaustive list, but it does demonstrate the possible complexities involved in getting top rankings! So any agency that tells you they can get you top rankings in a few weeks are probably misleading you.
Take a look at our search engine optimization process to better understand the additional work/research that needs to be done prior to beginning to do any of the above tasks.