Content management systems (CMS)
Content Management Systems
Content Management Systems (CMS) deliver extended functionality that allows business users/emplyees to create and promote their web presence, manage content, engage with customers and collaborate with their target audiences through one easy-to-use interface.
CMS is software designed to simplify the publication of content to web sites, allowing various people in your organisation to submit content without requiring in-depth technical knowledge.
Content can be:
- or just about anything you can think of.....
What CMS is best for you?
There are many content management systems on the market and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. We have taken some time to assess the various options and the needs of our clients and have chosen to specialise in Wordpress. All however, offer cost effective solutions that give you complete control over your website, intranet, extranet or mobile applications.
- The control of your website is with you, where it should be
- You add, amend or delete written content and images
- You do not require specialist software - just a computer and an internet connection
You reduce costs associated with outsourcing website update/maintenance work
- Can be easily optimized for the search engines
- New information can be added as it happens
Types of CMS users available
Here is a basic overview of the different user roles and the permissions associated with each one:
- Administrators have access to all the administration features.
- Editors can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Authors can publish and manage their own posts, and are able to upload files.
- Contributors can write and manage their posts but not publish posts or upload media files.
- Subscribers can read comments/comment/receive newsletters, etc. but cannot create regular site content.
Chat to us about how we can help you streamline your website prescence.