SEO Copywriting Services
Our copywriting service is backed by over 20 years of marketing expertise, in both traditional and website marketing across a wide range of industries.
This combination of writing skills and marketing expertise produces highly effective copy.
SEO Copywriting Service
Our website copywriting service will create copy that appeals to visitors and includes careful selection of keywords to improve search engine optimization. We can help you to produce:.
- Complete websites from scratch– either from your own brief or from our own research
- Copy for specific areas of your website
- Rewrites of existing content on your website
- Alterations and additions resulting from change and development in your business.
Websites are often guilty of being big on design, low on content
Far more emphasis needs to be placed on copy as it will have a huge impact on search engine rankings.
SEO copywriting is a writing technique that emphasizes specific keywords. Its prime purpose is to rank highly in the search engines for the targeted search terms.
Successful copy will achieve these targets while also ensuring that the copy is readable and converts visitors to enquirers.
Search engines will assess in excess of 200 factors when analyzing your website/webpage before allocating a ranking to your page for any given search phrase.
SEO Copywriting needs to optimize certain on-page elements such as the Title, Description, Keywords tags, headings and alt text. Detailed information on these can be found on our on page optimization page.
This on-page optimization, although vital is only half the battle. Think of these tags as markers on a map – that is how the search engines see them. They see your tags and then try to find those keywords in your copy. Just finding them is not enough – the search engine will then consider how often that keyword is referenced. The trick is including the keywords regularly enough to impress search engines while at the same time creating a page that is attractive to your reader. The search engine will never be converted into a buyer – but the reader might!
- It is vital to do all the necessary research before even thinking about optimizing your site.
- Think about the layout of your site. Break it down into specific pages so that each page will have a particular keyword focus.
- Be absolutely sure you are using the same keywords as your visitors. Just because your product has a certain name does not mean that is what your visitors call it. Spend a bit of time analyzing what keywords visitors use when searching. Be aware of regional differences in terminology which may affect your keywords.
- Key phrases are often better value than keywords. There can be an awful lot of competition for single keywords. Go to Google and try a single keyword search………….! Also, as internet users become more sophisticated they are learning to target their searches much more specifically. Understanding this, and choosing your key phrases carefully will ensure your website appears in much more targeted searches. It also affords your site a much better chance of achieving higher rankings. Make very sure you are using the appropriate keyphrases, and pick only one or two per page.
- Wherever possible use these same keyphrases in links and in headings. Both of these actions will be attractive to the search engines and will also improve the readability for your visitors.
- Check the density of your keywords. Be careful not to overdo it, but at the same time don’t underdo it either. A density of around 5% is what you should be aiming for. Use a density checker if it helps.
- Another area where writing copy with a strong awareness of SEO is obviously on-line advertising, particularly any PPC ads you may want to run. These are costing you money, so you need to be very sure you are attracting the right audience. Writing a separate ad for each individual keywords is probably the best way of ensuring that you target the right market, and ensure that you attract the most buyers for the least cost.
Calls to action
- We all know that well-written copy is one of the most highly effective methods of getting people's attention and attracting them to your product or service, but the importance of the shortest copy is often overlooked.
- Many people do not realize that things like their navigation menus, links, or even their newsletter subscription offers are copy and therefore require careful consideration. Ironically, this kind of copy is one of the most valuable tools you have.
- This short sharp copy is usually encouraging visitors to take some sort of action – an action that could generate business for your website: visit your website, request more info, subscribe to your newsletter, click through, buy the product.
- Obviously it is difficult to get your message across in such a limited space, but it is vital that every button, every ad and every link needs to be as compelling and effective as possible. Which one is clearer to you: “Sales” or “Order Online” - "Email" or "Contact Us".
- Which one makes clear the action you want your visitor to take? It is not always possible to include a call to action in every button but you do need to be as specific as possible.