Sarah Bauer sets out a very interesting and useful article on the algorithm used by Facebook to determine what information is displayed in its various newsfeeds.
Sarah sets out three major influences.
1. Affinity. Your feeds within your account are influenced by whose Facebook pages you have visited and how frequently.
2. Edge weight. Individual interactions carries different weights. Videos, images and external links are believed to carry most weight.
3. Recency. As with the search engines, updating your content and interacting regularly will keep your posts “recent”.
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12