Barry Schwartz has just posted a piece about Google’s latest announcement made at the Search Marketing Expo – SMX West, this week. Search Marketing Expo – SMX West is a Search marketing conference that was held this week in San Jose, California, USA.
Small Business Owners, get ready for another round of changes that have been presented by Google as developments that are likely to be the most talked about this year. I can only assume this means the changes will be quite dramatic!
The Search Engine Land post can be found here.
The major points are:
- Penguin – not been updated since October 2012. So expect big things here.
- Panda – not updated since January 2013. An update within 7 days expected. Being ‘merged’ into standard algorithm.
- Link Networks – Continuous programme of removing such networks from the Google index. Those businesses relying on such networks will see their rankings decimated.
Barry has very kindly reproduced a sound clip of Matt Cutts of Google announcing the ‘merging’ of Panda into the standard Google alorithm.
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12