Positive reviews about a company are always good to have.
But on the internet, it can mean much more than that! Good reviews might well mean an improvement in rankings for the recipient. So, obviously companies will go to extra lengths to acquire such reviews/recommendations – even purchasing them. Well beware. Yelp have caught 8 businesses doing this and have posted a big red “Consumer Alert” on top of the company’s listing.
For a more complete explanation of the story by Matt McGee – head here After Sting Operation, Yelp Outs 8 Businesses That It Caught Trying To Buy Reviews
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12