Excellent piece by Lisa Barone setting out the 20 major reasons people turn off and might stop following us on Twitter. A check-list all of us should be going through.
The results were of a simple poll she carried out but nevertheless the list does cover all the potential pitfalls for those of us new to the social media game.
Number 1 is “You’re a self-promoter” and my experience is that this is the major failing of most newbies to Twitter. All the tweets are promotional because the sender has not re-aligned his mind to this different channel of communication. This is also the major reason many small business owners will probably scrap their Twitter activities because the vehicle ‘does not work’. Our recommendation to those people would be to try again – but only after having gone through Lisa’s list!
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12