A good post by John Jantsch where he explains 5 key ways your local listing presence can be improved.
Be Geographically Complete – The issue of NAP (Name, Address, Phone) consistency and ensure post codes, addresses are included on all pages.
Be a Community Resource – Is there a way you can provide resources on your site for the local community? Even non-business related?
Create Neighbourhood Pages – Useful idea if you are part of a larger metropolitan area – target more locally to your ‘neighbourhood’.
Encourage Ratings and Reviews – Automate your internal management systems to gather reviews of your products/services.
Take Advantage of Local Real Estate – Interesting idea. Get local photos/videos up onto appropriate social sites like Youtube. Then possibly embed back on your site.
Good, simple ideas to focus one’s mind.
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12