An answer to a question many webmasters must have asked themselves. The answer is even more important since the algorithmic changes of Panda and Penguin.
So, is it worthwhile to purchase a domain that has had ‘seo work’ carried out on it – especially if some of that work has resulted in spammy content being on it and spammy links pointing to it? Can the seo of the site be reset?
Google explains there are 2 aspects to spam:
- manual spam – bad content on the site itself – relatively easy to clean up
- algorithmic spam – bad links to the site – much more difficult to clean up
The conclusion must surely be, be very careful as it might well be much easier/cheaper/quicker to acquire a new domain with no content/links than to try to clean up such a polluted domain.
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12