Rich snippets have been around for a while now – a technological improvement from the search engines that has left most of us wondering ………… what is it?
Andrew Tobert explains in an as-easy-to-understand-way-as-possible what it all means. He points out that search engines are not as clever as humans, and that the meaning of certain words may not be clear to a search engine because it is unclear as to the context. He uses the example of the “Taj Mahal” which might be the wondrous building to the south of Delhi, India – or the name of your local Indian restaurant. The search engine will not know. But, with rich snippets, this can be made very clear to a search engine.
Let Andrew tell you here Rich snippets for idiots. He has done a great job in explaining it all for idiots. It worked, I understood it !!!!!
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12