A thorough explanation from Myles Anderson at searchengineland.com looking at the bigger picture of how to get optimum rankings from local listings for your website. He points out that there is a huge amount of information out there – and we need to be careful we do not overwhelm ourselves in the detail.
In particular, I recommend his list of US and UK aggregators and listing services. I have reproduced the list below but I heartily recommend you read the whole article.
List of US & UK data aggregators:
- Localeze – US data aggregator
- InfoUSA – US data aggregator
- Axciom – US data aggregator
- Thomson – UK data aggregator
- Local Data Company – UK data aggregator
- Market Locations – UK data aggregator
List of data distribution & local listing services:
- Sony Xperia L Headset Problems | Headset Not Working
- Would you pay for your Facebook account in order to remove those annoying adverts/promotions?
- Google Places Migrating into Google+ Local | Problems with your local listing?
- Getting Hacked for your Personal Data | How to Protect from Hackers – Infographic
- ▶What makes us fat? – The Men Who Made Us Fat Part 1 of 12